The city bike
From the 3 February, you can use the new electric city bike in Rogaland. If you hav any valid ticket in the app Kolumbus Billett, or you work in a HjemJobbHjem company, you can use the bike for one hour without extra cost.
This is how you get started:
- Download or update the app Kolumbus Billett
- Buy, or check that you already have, a valid ticket in the app
- Choose "Bysykkel" in the menu in the app
You need to register you phone number and payment card the first time
- Find a bike you wish to use on the map in the app, and unlock it
If you use the bike for more than one hour, you pay NOK 1 per minute
PS: If you work in a HjemJobbHjem company and register your mobile number in the ticket app, you can use the bike free of charge also without a valid ticket.
Here you can find the city bikes:
See where the charging stations are and how many bikes are available in the map below. Note that there will be more charging stations later, and that there will not be any available bikes until 3 February.
When you need to park the bike:
- If you just want to leave the bike for a little while, you can lock it temporarily. This is done in the ticket app.
- If you are finished riding the bike, you park it in a charging station by placing the front wheel into the charging station.
- If the charging station is full, you can leave the bike close by it and finish the trip in the app.
- If you have to leave the bike far from a charging station, you can lock it and finish the trip in the app. This will cost you NOK 200.
On the go
You can use the bike for one hour without extra cost. After the first hour, it will cost you 1 NOK per minute to use the bike. You can use it for a maximum of 12 hours.
Remember that you are responsible for cycling safely and according to traffic rules, and the bike is not to be used outside Rogaland.
You are responsible for the bike
If the bike should break or get lost while you use it, you will be liable to pay for a replacement bike. Note that you are responsible for the bike from it is picked up from a charging station and until it is returned again. Therefore we advise you not to let others use the bike you have picked up.
What about the old city bike?
The old city bike is unavailable from Monday January 20. From that date, you will not be able to use the existing bike any longer. If you have recently bought a subscription, you can contact our customer service through the contact form on the webpage.
Last updated : 24.03.2020