How Covid-19 affects public transport
Kolumbus has put in place several measures in order to hamper the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Here are the main changes that affects public transport in the time ahead:
- We have reduced the number of departures by using summer routes. This means that all departures marked in yellow in the timetable will not be run. Check the timetable for your bus.
- From 31 March, we will reduce the number of boat departures. Check the Norwegian page to see updated timetables.
- From 3 April, we will cancel all night buses until further notice (routes that start with N)
- To protect the drivers' health, we have closed the front door. You have to buy your ticket in advance, as it will not be able to pay by cash on board.
- To protect our customer centre employees, we have closed the tills at both Byterminalen and Fiskepiren. You can get help by calling 177 or writing to us here on the web page or on Facebook.
- Go Ahead has cancelled all departures between Stavanger and Skeiane/Sandnes. The ones between Stavanger and Nærbø/Egersund will still run.
- Reduced seats and no on-board ticket sales on the express ferries. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, there will be no on-board ticket sales on our ferries after 15 March. Please buy your tickets at billetter.kolumbus.no if you are travelling to Ryfylke, Lysefjorden or Utsira. Our ticket app, Kolumbus billett, is only valid on buses and the ferries to Vassøy/Byøyene/Hommersåk.
Last updated : 27.03.2020